Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How Thrifty Can You Craft?



It's always amazing to me how much "bang for a buck" you can get
when you craft. Yes, all the embellies, pretty papers, etc. can just
get you gaga...ok, now that NEVER happens to me tho' ;) But this
set of 5 cards is for the 5 for $5 challenge over at Moxie Fab World,
and shows that this can be a very thrifty hobby indeed!

And would you like to play too? You have until April 9th! Check it HERE.

We have to give an accounting of what we spent....I do NOT have a receipt,
I did want to be frugal and use my stash....BUT all 5 cards were made
off of ONE sheet of paper....From the Echo Park Victoria Gardens
collection, I used the journal box sheet. One side the gorgeous patterned
boxes, one side that pretty pink brocade you see.

Now I am a very frugal shopper....love to get the most for my money
when it comes to crafty goodness, I usually buy on clearance, or in
bulk, so my spending on these cards is as follows:

1 sheet EP Victoria Gardens paper (.79)
White Cardstock--I use jumbo packs of Georgia Pacific
3 sheets at 8 cents per sheet (.24)
Black Cardstock--Recollections 25/$1 one sheet (.04)
1 yd. twine (.10)
6 buttons at .03 each (.18)
Hello and Butterfly stamp set--from the $1 bin, but on clearance! (.50)
Want2Scrap bling--I used about 1/4 of the pack, but full price (.99)

So to sum that up:
.79
.24
.04
.10
.l8
.50
.99
___
$2.84 Total

So when someone says this is an expensive hobby....let them
know....don't think you could BUY 5 cards for that price!!!.....LOL!
And really cute cards too!....lol.

The only other items used....adhesives and Black Soot Distress Ink
(not supposed to count in the total since they are basics).

So that's that! Can you craft 5 for $5? Bet you can.....I challenge you!!
And tell you what.....leave me a link of your creations....maybe I'll have
a little challenge contest of my own!

So, what are ya waiting for.....go get inky!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow these are wonderful, you are a frugal stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Laura, all this for under $5.00. Love them all and it makes me wonder how many you could have made for $5.00?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I'm a big clearance bin/section lover myself...I always drool over the expensive stuff & then go find the budget version :) I LOVE what you've come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to the 5 for $5 Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete