Friday, July 6, 2012

Daring to Be Different.....

Now those of you that frequent my blog, know I love a challenge!
I love playing with them, and I know a lot of people have found a
great new challenge site here....just like I've found them from you!

Well one of the things I love, is giving a challenge your own "flair".

Today's challenge was JustRite Stampers Challenge #076-
"Stars and Stripes" (find it HERE).  The challenge was to use
stars and stripes of course...lol....and it COULD be red, white
and blue....or you could go with something different.  I chose
different (shocker I know!).

I came up with this little beauty:





My stars....around the die cut circle mat....and the stick pins,
the stripes...the striped ruler paper along the side....kinda
different from what you'd expect for a more elegant card--
keeping with my "different" theme....that's what makes
crafting fun!  The sentiment is from JustRite Vintage Floral
Labels...I stamped it twice...punched out the second and
glossy accented it up, popped it on with foam tape.  That
gorgeous stamped scroll work is from the Vintage Floral
Labels set also...I centered it over my stamped sentiment
on my die cut circle....and it framed the sentiment out nicely!

Recipe List:
JustRite Vintage Floral Labels
Spellbinders Star Circles and Classic Circles
Authentique Blissful 6x6
Archival Ink:  Black
Distress Ink:  Scattered Straw and Black Soot
Maya Rd. Star Pins
Recollections and Studio G pearls
Recollections bling swirls
Glossy Accents
Organza Ribbon  (CTMH)

So have you gotten your challenge on today?  It's so HOT outside....
stay inside and play with something cooooool.....

6 comments:

  1. So pretty and you did do your own take on it...but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the color combo that you picked out. Really nice..KathyR

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS -- you really knocked this challenge out of the park!!! LOVE it and those star stick pins are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is georgeous, as always. Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic take on the challenge. you knocked it out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice color combo! Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete