Thursday, January 10, 2013

I "Washi" You a Happy Valentine's....

Do you have a crafting product that just sits
there....gathering dust, waiting oh so patiently
to get used?

I was so excited when washi tape came out....
rushed out and got some, then said....now what?

Well along comes this little challenge....from over
at Moxie Fab World.....you can find it HERE....
it's the "Make Your Own Background Paper"
challenge (#49).  And wouldn't you know...it
inspired me to dust off that washi tape and create
this card:

It started as just a plain piece of white cardstock,
and I used Queen & Co washi tape and also
Lawn Fawn stamps to make the background
paper for this card.  I stamped in Black Soot
Distress Ink, colored in the heart with the
Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Markers.
The large heart, I die cut from chipboard,
and wrapped in washi tape.  A button from
my stash, black licorice Trendy Twine, and
Want2Scrap bling finished it off.

So are YOU up for the challenge?  What's in
your stash you haven't used yet?  Leave a
comment and let me know (remember my
giveaway from yesterday!)...then grab it and
get creative!!

7 comments:

  1. I have a lot of washi tape that I've never used too! This gave me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a Fab job matching up that tape. I was trying to see where you matched up the seams...flawless..Great idea and very fun card..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love washi tape & your card is great. Fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have guessed it is not patterned paper but tape on the cardstock! Beautiful!! How steady handed you must be to get it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete